The hyper spectrum measurements technology is employed for the first time in the next generation questioned documents examination devices which are developed and produced by TÜBİTAK BİLGEM. Hence, many cases about forgery of documents which could not be enlightened by the present devices are now able to be solved.
Forensic XP-4010 D is developed to examine the originality of all types of documents. Forensic XP-4010 D driven by the hyper spectrum measurements technology helps reveal of forgery of documents like money, cheque, debenture and passport. Among the other important features of Forensic system one should note the non-destructive principles of examination, decision making based on objectively measured optical parameters of the document.
Forensic XP-4010 D is commercially available digital forensic imaging spectrograph for large-scale documents examination and is an advance spectrograph using hyper spectrum measurements.
▪ Hyperspectral imaging in 350-1100 nm spectrum range
▪ Revealing the presence of visually similar, but chemically different ink by original Spectral Enhancement Procedures
▪ Revealing invisibly embedded or deleted information
▪ UV activated security feature examination
▪ Anti-Stokes features examination
▪ Pen pressure visualization and trace display using 3D technology
▪ Numerical imaging filter
▪ Passport machine readable zone and chip decoder
▪ Revealing passport hidden data
▪ Sensitive reflection, absorbance and conductivity spectral measurements
▪ Color in any pixel FOV: XYZ, xy, uv, Lab, Statistics
▪ Distance, Radius, Angle: Y
▪ Rectangle area, any selected area: Y
▪ Height (3D Shadowing)
R & D studies for the 2. generation FORENSIC Document Examination System started in 2018. Technology transfer for the device has already been completed and aimed to deliver to the company at the end of 2019. In addition to optical, hyperspectral examination methods, new optical spectroscopy methods will be used in this device in order to detect fraud events.