- Infrastructure for Advanced Genomics and Bioinformatics Research Center (İGBAM) within TÜBİTAK BİLGEM National Research Institute of Electronics and Cryptology (UEKAE) was completed.
- Prof. Hacı Ali Mantar was appointed as the acting President of TÜBİTAK BİLGEM on 14 July of 2015.
- Mehmet Sezgin (PhD) was appointed as the acting President of TÜBİTAK BİLGEM.
- Prof. A.Arif Ergin was appointed as TÜBİTAK BİLGEM president, later to be assigned as TÜBİTAK President.
- AKIS v1.4i Has Been Entitled Common Criteria (CC) EAL4+ Security Certification.
- Prof. A. Arif Ergin was appointed as the acting President of TÜBİTAK BİLGEM.
- TUBITAK BILGEM YTE has obtained a CMMI Level 4 certificate.
- The Project of SİGE Library was signed between TUBITAK BILGEM, ASELSAN and MKRIC
- R&D Agreement signed between TUBITAK BILGEM and NATO.
- Memorandum of Cooperation was signed between TUBITAK BILGEM and HAVELSAN in 8 May 2013.
- Real-Time Operating System (GIS) were designed and produced by BTE (Information Technologies Institute) in Turkey.
- The Cooperation protocol was signed between TUBITAK and ÖSYM.
- Radio Link Project was implemented by TUBITAK BILGEM.
- TUBITAK BILGEM's AKIS v1.2.2i and AKIS v1.2.2n received the CC Certificate.
- TUBITAK BILGEM’s AKIS V.14 electronic passport received the CC (Common Criteria) Certificate.
- Fundamental Sciences Research Institute (TBAE) has been affiliated with TUBITAK BILGEM Center as a separate institute and relocated to the TUBITAK Gebze Campus upon the decision of the Science Board, in 15 July 2011.
- RAPSIM began taking applications in March 01, 2011. A protocol was signed on the establishment of the permitting process on Wind Energy and Communication, Navigation and Radar Systems establishment of the Interaction Plants.
- TAÇEK received the NATO approval. TAÇEK(Portable Offline Crypto Equipment) was offered to meet the offline encryption needs of NATO and succesfully passed all the security and functionality tests. TAÇEK is now officially approved by NATO for all security leves.
- Turkey has become an official “Certifiate Generator” country in field of “Common Criteria” (ISO 15408). The Common Criteria certificates of IT products were evaluated by TUBITAK BILGEM OKTEM, Turkey’s first Common Criteria lab has been valid internationally.
- TUBITAK BILGEM UEKAE has obtained a CMMI Level 3 certificate. After completing the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Class A Evaluation, TUBITAK BILGEM UEKAE has certificated 3rd level maturity in software development.
- The national operating system Pardus, developed by TUBITAK BILGEM, has made top 5 in 3 categories of Readers’ Choice Awards 2010 of Linux Journal, one of most prestigious periodicals of the open software world.
- Information Technologies Institute (BTE) which used to be under Marmara Research Center (MAM) and Institute National Research Institute of Electronics and Cryptology (UEKAE) institutes of TUBITAK merged under the umbrella of Informatics and Information Security Research Center (BILGEM).
- New operational building opened for use.
- Offline encryption device TACEK, which was proposed to NATO for their offline file encryption needs, has completed NATO’s operational conformity tests.
- Electronic certificate management insfrastructure ESYA, has received a certificate from Turkish Standards Institute (TSE).
- The smart card operating system AKIS developed by UEKAE has been certified by Turkish Standards Institute (TSE).
- KAYC-S/N has completed NATO Information Assurance Technical Center’s OPEVAL tests which evaluate technical and operational needs. KAYC-S/N was developed to securely transfer and load up to NATO TOP SECRET level keys and cryptographic information to crypto devices in NATO’s inventory.
- The equipment for SiGe HBT BiCMOS technology, have been supplied and set in YITAL (Semi-Conductor Technologies Research Laboratory).
- Secure USB Flash Memory SIR, has been approved by NATO.
- KAYC-S/N Crypto Key Fill Device has been approved by NATO/SECAN.
- The new generation TEMPEST PC (miniTPC) has been developed.
- PARDUS 2009 was released.
- TEMPEST Scanner has been developed.
- Natinonal Smart Card was designed are generated, and passed all the tests.
- FORMUS products are demonstrated at NATO MSA 2009 workshops in Holland.
- FORESC passed all near&far area tests at Combined Endeavor 2009 Compatibility Exercises in Bosnia Herzegovina.
- 602 SIR (Secure USB Flash Memory) have been exported to NATO.
- The measuring system for the reflection and permeability of 15 points-covered glass (the first application in the world) has been developed and established in Trakya Glass Plant.
- Common Criteria Test Center has performed the first official CC test and the product was certified by TSE (Turkish National Standards Institute).
- The 3rd Annual Private Sector Information Security Event was performed in Istanbul.
- The 4th Annual Government Information Security Event was performed in Ankara.
- UEKAE joined the NATO Cyber Defence Exercise as controller in Brussels NATO Headquarter.
- UEKAE joined the CMX (Crisis Management Excercices) by NATO.
- For the development of SiGe HBt BiCMOS technology, the clean room infrastructure of the Semiconductor Technologies Research Laboratory has been expanded from 500 m2 to 800 m2.
- Research on sensor development has been started at the Semiconductor Technologies Research Laboratory and a radon gas detector has been developed.
- The opening ceremony of the newly constructed building for the ILTAREN Institute at Ankara has took place with the attendance of the Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the Chief of Staff General Yaşar Büyükanıt.
- The ISDN-PRI device has been approved by NATO to protect NATO information at all classification levels.
- AKIS, Meteosay and SIMA brand names have been registered.
- The Second Information Technologies Security Conference has been organized.
- Eurocrypt 2008 Conference has been organized for the first time in Turkey.
- The offline file encryptor MILOF-1/N has been approved by NATO to protect NATO information security for all classification levels.
- The institute has been awarded the international tender for the development of the NATO Online Spectrum Management Database (ARCADE).
- The 2nd Information Technologies Security Day has been organized in Istanbul.
- The Institute manager M. Önder Yetiş has been selected as a member of the Russian Engineering Sciences Academy (REAS) as a foreign scientist.
- 3rd Public Agencies Information Technologies Security Day has been hold in Ankara.
- Our institute manager M. Önder Yetiş has been selected as a member of the Ukrainian Technological Sciences Academy.
- Pardus 2008 has been released.
- The cryptographic algorithm OCEAN, has been approved by NATO to protect NATO information security for all classification levels.
- The institute has been certified with the CMMI Maturity Level 3 software development standard.
- The operational tests of the FORESC device have been conducted at Malaysia successfully.
- The information security portal http://www.bilgiguvenligi.gov.tr has been launched to increase the awareness of the society about information security matters.
- The Common Criteria (CC) Evaluation Center has been licensed permanently by the Turkish Standardization Agency.
- The institute contributed to the NATO Cyber Defence Exercise.
- The institute has attended to the Trust National Crisis Exercise and all the secure communication of organization has been provided by TUBITAK UEKAE, among the attended corporations.
- The CERT (Computer Incident Response Team) 2008 exercise has been conducted with the coordination of TUBITAK UEKAE.
- After an intensive one year of work, the first successful 0.35 µm integrated circuit has been produced.
- Three new releases of the Pardus operating system have been released. In March, Pardus 2007.1 FelisChaus, in July, Pardus 2007.2 Caracal Caracal, in November, Pardus 2007.3 Lynx Lynx.
- The first Turkish LPI surveillance radar GEMRAD’s laboratory prototype has been produced. GEMRAD has been developed fully with national resources and R&D and its capabilities are in line with the technical requirements of the national frigate project of the Turkish Navy.
- The first Turkish LPI radar was exhibited at the IDEF’07 defence exhibition.
- With the aim of supporting the coastal surveillance network project, the construction of a surveillance station inside TUBITAK settlement has been started.
- The fuel marker testing device has been developed, delivered to the customer and fielded. The device tests the concentration of the chemical marker inside the fuel products. The marker itself has been developed by TUBITAK UME.
- Smart cards running the smart card operating system AKIS have been started to be used for e-signature purposes.
- Saint Gobain Glass chose the stress and thickness control products of TUBITAK UEKAE for its glass manufacturing factories all around the world. The first installation has been performed in Mexico.
- The institute has been awarded the AQAP-160 industrial quality assurance certificate.
- The institute has been awarded the ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) certificate.
- The SiGe HBT BiCMOS technology development program has been started along with the 0.35 µm CMOS development efforts.
- The smart card integrated circuit design project for 0.25 µm production has been completed.
- 20V CMOS production process has been successfully adapted to the line driver integrated circuit production.
- The institute has been awarded the first prize at the “Innovation and Creativity Award” of TESID with its FORESC product.
- 9926 qualified electronic certificates have been produced and sent out to public employees as of end of 2007.
- The insurance card project has been changed into the Turkish Citizenship Card Project in accordance with the 2007/16 circulation issued by the prime ministry.
- The FORESC device has been used for secure communication during the NATO Phoenix Express 2007 Exercise run at the Atlantic Ocean.
- TUBITAK UEKAE attended to the NATO Combined Endeavour exercise with its FORESC product.
- Turkish Navy implemented the FORBIS communication system on its vessels.
- The HELIS system has been installed on the vessels and helicopters of the Turkish Navy.
- The globally unique fuel marker control system has been implemented and fielded as of January 1st, 2007. All the fuel products officially distributed in Turkey started to be marked by the chemical marker. In accordance with the work packages of TUBITAK UEKAE, 600 pieces marker field test devices, producer national marker devices, national marker control devices with high sensitivity and on-line data collection system have been developed and produced.
- A new measurement system has been developed for continuous measurement of four points reflection and permeability coefficient of covered glass four points reflection and permeability coefficient and the system has been installed in Trakya Glass Factory.
- FORENSIC XP-4010 D device has been selected for high level passport and visa checks at all boundary gates of Turkey. During the first stage, the systems have been installed at all airports.
- Within the National Information Security Program, Information Security Management System setup has been started in the four public organizations.
- The First Information Technologies Security Day for private organizations was organised in Istanbul.
- The Second Information Technologies Security Day for public organizations was organised in June in Ankara.
- February 2006 – In MAPEX’06 drills, Online Data Encryption Equipment (MİLON-4A) and FORESC were used.
- By utilizing FORESC , secure communications was established for the very first time between a Russion ship and a NATO ship. The succcess achieved had been defined as “ a historical event” by a letter sent by . CC-MAR NAPLES.
- FORESC, MİLON-4A, Crypto Key Fill Device (KAYC-10) and Crypto Key Read Device (KAOC-8) was preferred and purchased by NATO.
- NATO Steadfast Cathode 2006 integration and compatibility drills was attented with FORESC (2006 04).
- Our TSK-3 device was approved by NATO/SECAN to encrypt NATO communication at all security levels.
- UEKAE was elected as the institution responsible for the security of GÖKTÜRK satellite project.
- An agreement was signed with Department Of Justice for producing Qualified Electronic Certificate for a number of 30,000 judges and district attorneys andf the production of the certificates was stared.
- Research had been initiated in YİTAL for integrated circiut design with 0,35 micron channel depth.
- In December Pardus version 2007 had been released.
- The industrial model of our first radar SAMRAD, which can perform as shore surveillance radar for Coast Guard Command was produced.
- Depending on the customer demand, the development process for crypto mobile phone had been started.
- Institute had been entitled with AQAP-2110 and AQAP-2130 Industrial Quality Assurance Certificates.
- TÜBİTAK UEKAE started insurance card project with SSK.
- CWID 2006 in Norway was attended with FORECS.
- The protocol for realizing National Marker Project for Fuel products were signed by Energy Market Regulatory Authority and TUBİTAK ON 17.03.2006. According to this protocol, UEKAE was commisioned to develop National Marker Control devices and data gathering system.
- The first online error detection machine with 50 microne resolution for car screens was developed and was setup in Trakya Otocam Factory.
- April 2006: The National Information System Security Programme defined in Article 88 of Information Society Strategy prepared by Information Society Bureau of State Planning Agency 2006-2010 Activity Plan , had been started.
- I. Meeting of Security of Information Technologies for Governmental Institutions had been realized in Ankara by UEKAE.
- Government Certification Authority within the Institue was granted with BS7799-2 certificate .
- July 2005: Common Criteria Test Center within the Institue, was accredited by TURKAK according to 17025 standart.
- PARDUS, the open source free software developed by the institue was introduced and the operative CDs were released.
- In the navies of countries within Blacksea Economic Cooperation, the solutions developed by the Institute were utilized.
- MİLGEM project was attended as contractor.
- First certificates were released as Government Certification Authority (KSM /ESHS).
- MİLON-7 Crypto device was developed and first delivery was realized.
- Our TSK-2 device was approved by NATO/SECAN to encrypt NATO communication at all security levels.
- Our KAOC-8 device, was approved by NATO/SECAN to encrypt NATO communication at all security levels.
- The number of publications had reached 3438 (except the periodicals (Book, CD, DVD; Thesis)) in the library of the Institue.
- In Phoenix Endeavor 2005 Maneuvres, MARSsys , radio spectrum analysis and management system, was used.
- In September, R&D projects for radar s had been started.
- 0,7µm CMOS integrated circuit production process was developed and was succesfully applied for ASIC production.
ISDN Security Management Center product prepared for NATO was tested by OKTEM laboratuary and passed test having level of EAL 4.
- In BLACKSEAFOR drills, FORESC device was begun to be used as the sole data communication device. (2005 04)
- Institute was awarded with signal reward for SPEKTRUM-2 device in the competition of “Innovation and Creation” organized by TESİD:
- National Marker Project was developed for preventing fuel smuggling. National Marker Apllication , which is unique on the world, was introduced in the board of chairs of Energy Market Regulatory Authority . As the four tenders which were attended by foreign firms until the end of 2005, were not completed succesfully, Energy Market Regulatory Authority decided to grant TUBİTAK with the authority to run National Marker Project.
- Detailed training programmes had been started on Information Security.
- The Institute was given the 2004 Innovation Award by TESID (Turkish
Electronics and Information Industries Association).
- TÜBITAK UEKAE participated in the bidding process for the "NATO ISDN BRI
Crypto Equipment and Management System". The bidding papers were sent to
NATO on 5th of May 2004.
- UEKAE has received AQAP-130 and AQAP -150 Industrial Quality Assurence Level Certificate.
- A NATO TEMPEST Workshop was held at TÜBITAK UEKAE with 26 participants
from 12 different NATO countries between 10-14 May 2004.
- We were awarded the first prize in the "Best VBA Application" category at the 22nd Annual ESRI International User Conference.
- The Institute has been rewarded the "Penguin of the Year" award by Turkish Linux Users Group as the "Most Successful Free Software Project" in May 16th, 2004.;
- KAYC-10 equipment has been approved by NATO-SECAN.
- MILON-4A equipment has been approved by NATO-SECAN.
- UEKAE has been granted NATO and National Facility Security Certificates.
- UEKAE has received ISO 9001:2000 certificate.
- EMI / EMC Test Center has beed accredited by the Turkish Accreditation Authority (TURKAK).
- EMI / EMC Test Center has beed accredited by the Turkish Accreditation Authority (TURKAK).
- Dr. Hasan Palaz who works as Project Manager in UEKAE, was awarded to R&D prize of 2003 for his studies on National Secure Voice Equipments by The Ministry Defence of Turkey, Defence Secretariat. The prize was given at 1st October 2003 during International Defence Fair (IDEF) 2003 fair at Ankara, Turkey.
- UEKAE moved to its new building.
- The ISDN-BRI Encryption Equipment design by UEKAE has been approved by NATO-SECAN.
- The class 1000 infrastructure of YİTAL Laboratories have been modernized to follow up-to--date technologies of class 10 and 100 and supported by new equipment.
- The first 1.5 mm CMOS integrated circuit to be used by UEKAE has been manufactured by YİTAL.
- Our second cryptographic algorithm has been approved as a NATO algorithm by NATO-SECAN.
- A contract has been signed with the Ministry of National Defence for the establishment of Common Criteria Test Center.
- The construction of UEKAE New building has been initiated on the 7th of July.
- For the first time, a UEKAE cryptographic algorithm has been approved as a NATO algorithm by NATO-SECAN.
- Establishment of EMC / TEMPEST Test Center has been completed.
- The first 3 mm CMOS integrated circuit to be used by UEKAE has been manufactured by YİTAL.
- TÜBİTAK Science Committee has decided to initiate the procurement procedures for the UEKAE new building at its meeting on the 16th of October
- Research Institute of Advanced Technologies (İLTAREN) has been establish within UEKAE.
- UEKAE has been directly affiliated to TÜBİTAK Directorate.
- A contract has been signed with the Ministry of National Defence for the development of TAFICS Crypto System on the 7th of March.
- Establishment of Cryptographic Test and Design Center has been completed.
- “TÜBİTAK-Universities Microelectronics Co-operation Project” has been initiated for the production of integrated circuits designed by the university students at YITAL with CMOS technologies.
- A contract has been signed with the Ministry of National Defence for the establishment of EMC / TEMPEST Test Center.
- Studies on the development of 1.5 micron CMOS/VLSI circuit manufacturing technology have been initiated in YITAL within the NATO-TU-MICROFAB project sponsored by NATO Science for Stability Programme and Turkish telecommunication companies such as NETAS, ALCATEL, BEKO, SIMKO.
- Cryptographic Test and Design Center has been established as a result of a contract signed with the Ministry of National Defence.
- ERU has been renamed and reorganized as the Electronics and Semiconductor Technologies Department. .
1988 - 1991
- NATO-TU-MICROFAB project carried out with financial support from the NATO Science for Stability Program has been completed and a production line for 3 micron CMOS/VLSI circuits has been established
- Delivery of the first encryption equipment.
1984 - 1986
- Noise reduction techniques developed in the field of signal processing have been successfully applied to the soundtrack of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk’s speech at the 10th anniversary of the Turkish Republic.
1983 - 1985
- “Bipolar Technologies Development and Application” Project has been completed by YİTAL. In addition to bipolar integrated circuit fabrication, several discrete devices like VHF power transistor and monocrystal solar cell prototypes have been fabricated within this project.
- In the frame of a project agreement signed with PTT, a 120-channel PCM communication system prototype has been developed. These systems have been manufactured by TELETAS and they are still in service.
- The 30 Channel PCM communication system developed in 1980 has been manufactured by PTT-ARLA and installed between exchanges in İstanbul. After successful operation of these systems, a design project for a 2 Mbit/s per-channel PCM system has been initiated.
1980 - 1988
- A Microprocessor based system has been designed and manufactured for several fare collect stations of the General Directorate of Highways.
1980 - 1984
- A sytem for measuring the speed and mileage of ships with respect to sea has been developed for the Navy.
1980 - 1983
- Semiconductor Technologies Research Laboratory (YITAL) has been founded for conducting research and development in microelectronics technologies and for the production of strategically important integrated circuits.
- Laboratory prototype of a 30 channel PCM communication system has been developed.
1979 - 1983
- ERU has taken part in "Planning and Optimisation of Telecommunication Networks" Project carried out by the European Union.
1978 - 1989
- A 2/8 Mbit/s 11 GHz Radio-link prototype has been developed for TELETAS.
1978 - 1981
- For the Navy, an underwater acoustics telephone prototype has been developed for communication with and between submarines.
- An anti-aircraft and surface to surface firing control system have been developed for the Navy.
1975 - 1976
- 1200 Baud modem prototypes have been developed for PTT.
- Research and Development activities in the area of cryptology has been started.
- A project agreement has been signed with PTT for the development of 30-Channel Pulse Code Modulation (PCM) Telecommunication System.
- ERU was moved to its new location at Marmara Research Centre in Gebze/Kocaeli.
- Electronics Research Unit (ERU) of Marmara Research Centre has been established and started to work with 6 researchers within the premises of the Faculty of Engineering of the Middle East Technical University in Ankara.