SMART CARD OPERATING SYSTEM & AKİS
Smart Card Operating System is a firmware in ROM or flash memory, which communicates securely with the outer world via several standards (ISO 7816, ISO 14443) and makes it possible to store and manage data in a secure way using several enciphering methods supplied by the smart card firmware.
AKİS (Smart Card Operating System), is a national operating system developed by TÜBİTAK BİLGEM UEKAE and it operates information security, ID recognition, digital signature and secure information exchange applications on smart card chips.
A smart card module consists of a microprocessor, memory, and a crypto engine. Comprised of only one chip, it has contact-based and/or contactless communication with the outer world while consuming minimum power. When smart card modules are bonded onto PVC, PET or PC cards, the resulting product is called a smart card.
Smart card hardware units are;
- Microcontroller (microcomputer) unit
- File system memory (permanent EEPROM, transient RAM)
- Crypto engine for encryption/signature operations
- Communication unit to communicate with the environment (contact-based or contactless)
- Communication with a card reader by using ISO 7816 (contact-based) and ISO 14443 (contactless)
- ISO 7816 and ICAO 9303 (passport) instruction set support.
- Secure messaging
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption techniques (3DES, RSA, AES)
- Digital signature (RSA)
- Proprietary File Management System
- Proprietary Memory Management System
- Secure key management and structured security architecture
- Role-based access
- PC/SC, PKCS11, CSP support
- CC EAL 4+ certificate
- Supports UKTÜM, Infineon and NXP chips